Spelling error in translated system message: how to correct?

Hi
I found an error in one of the translated messages of the system “los organizadores tendrán que aprovar su aplicación” (it should be “los organizadores tendrán que aprobar su aplicación”. How I could correct it?.
Thanks in advance for your reply,
David

Whoops, as an Spaniard I can say that’s very wrong, thank you for the report. @kolodzie takes care of the Indico translations so he might be able to fix it.

PS. I’ll move this thread to the Internationalization category.

Great, thank you!. So …once corrected it, what would be the mechanism to fix it on my local installation?. Thanks

The message has been fixed in Transifex. But unfortunately, if you want it to be fixed now, you’d have to checkout 2.1-maintenance and manually fix the.po file, then build your own wheel and install it. Otherwise you’d have to wait until the next Indico release and upgrade.

Ok. Thank you so much!

Sorry for the question: I have found the string in the .po file, but seems like it has to be compiled to generate the binary file. Is there a guide of how to perform this action???.
Thanks in advance,

You can use indico i18n compile_catalog to compile as stated here.

Thank you very much!

Hi,

After running ```

indico i18n compile_catalog

I’m getting the following messages:

error: indico/translations/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po:2420: placeholders are incompatible
error: indico/translations/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po:2432: placeholders are incompatible
error: indico/translations/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po:2436: placeholders are incompatible
error: indico/translations/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po:2448: placeholders are incompatible

I did it in development, so I would like to know if it is something to worry about before trying in production.

Thanks for your replies.

DdM

Those can be safely ignored; it’s just babel not knowing about some non-standard placeholders.

Ok. Thank you again!