Self-hosted, unable to contact community hub

Hello,

I noticed that my indico instance is failing to contact community hub.

Our event page is here.

I had a look at a similar issue Community Hub Sync , basically, the problem can be that we have registered twice (we moved hosting in October). There is also a possibility that there is some kind of firewall block since it is supposed to be application-based, so for example apt updates work but wget doesn’t, but I have found ways around that.

If we are indeed registered twice, please delete it so that we can re-register.

If we are not registered twice and it is a firewall problem, I am happy to provide the details manually, as I would like to receive news on the latest release and the security advisories.

Hi, this particular error happens if the client-side sync check to the hub fails. Can you check your browser’s dev tools if there’s more information on why the ajax request failed?

PS: Very nice job at customizing the looks of your Indico instance!

Hi! Thank you for the quick reply, and thanks re customizations (repo available here: https://github.com/selkieupsilon/euroismar-custom )

I just tried the community hub sync again with dev tools in Chrome enabled – and this time the synchronization proceeded successfully.

I didn’t remember seeing this error on Firefox when we were with the previous hosting provider so I thought it was a issue with the host! So it seems to be a Firefox problem. On investigation, the error in the console that seems relevant is this:
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://hub.getindico.io/api/instance/b980a236-***. (Reason: CORS request did not succeed).

It looks a bit cryptic to me… as far as I am concerned, now that I can sync with the Community Hub, my problem is solved.

Thanks again!

The CORS error is weird, we are sending the proper headers so any site can access this API.
Can you check the request/response headers of that request? We’re sending Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * so the browser should have access…

PS: I removed the UUID from your link as this allows anyone to delete/modify the data about your instance stored on Indico Hub.

Apologies for the late reply. I just wanted to give an update that in my current version of Firefox (65.0.1) this problem is solved. I can connect to the community hub and see updates using Firefox.

Thanks!