Portuguese (pt) translation group

It’s not :wink:

The following files need to be in /opt/indico/.venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/indico/translations/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/:

• messages-js.po
  • messages.mo
  • messages-react.json (2.2 only)

If you only have the .po files, you can use these two commands to build the message.mo and mesasges-react.json:

• indico i18n compile-catalog
  • indico i18n compile-catalog-react (2.2 only)

To be honest, I never tested those on a production serve, generally we do that locally and then deploy them together with Indico itself. But feel free to try it out and see if it works for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunatelly, no changes so far. According to the last information, I moved all pt_BR files to `opt/indico/.venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/indico/translations/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/, restarted the services, so I wished that website Indico turned into portuguese or made Portuguese language available in Indico menu.
Do you guys happen to know if there is some further procedure which I must perform to have it translated ?

@Rafael_Francisco_do I sent you an email with the translation files. Copy them to the aforementioned directory and see if that helps.

Did not receive any mail with attachments yet. Can you please send me again ?

Ah, sorry. I sent it to Fernanda. I am sending it now :wink:

Hi Team,

It is important to say that we got succeeded just after receiving @kolodzie pt_BR translation’s files.
Thank you Michal (@kolodzie) for your support.

Best regards

Rafael F. Prado

1 Like

Hey @fernandaramos84,

as far as I remember you were mostly responsible for translating Indico to Brazil Portuguese. We recently added a couple of new translatable strings. Would it be possible for you to translate them so that we can update Indico with the full translations?

Regards,
Michal

The last strings are now translated and reviewed.

1 Like

Hi! This is an amazing project and I would like to help translate new strings to Brazilian Portuguese and even review some existing strings. I requested to join in transifex.

1 Like

Hi André Garcia @Andre_Garcia - could you please add Sedir as translator to portuguese_Br?

Hi @fernandaramos84,

It seems like @Andre_Garcia hasn’t been active for some time, so I’ve accepted @sedir 's request.
Welcome!

Thank you, @plourenco! I’m looking forward to contribute.

I just translated the new strings and made a few suggestions on existing ones.

1 Like

Hi again! I’ve been contributing to the translation of new strings since last year. Meanwhile, I found some typos in existing translations (“denovo”, “aplicaçã”, among others). I made suggestions and opened issues in Transifex, but I have no idea if they are considered.

Also, there is some confusion about how to translate “role”, sometimes it is “papel” or “função” or even both “papel / função”, but there is no standard.

And finally there are strings that still are not available for translation. For example, the registration statuses here, more specifically the “Completed”, while “Pending” is translated.

If there’s a way to contribute a little more on the reviewing process, I’d be glad to participate.

Hi everybody! Just to tell I joined the pt-br translation team. Nice to be able to support indico’s localization.

Hey,

Welcome @rodrigoborges.

I’ve been reviewing some of the content, and I indeed agree that there is an ambiguity in “papel” or “função”. The purpose of the translation threads is exactly to discuss translation questions like these, so thanks for the initiative @sedir .
Upon a quick search, I could agree on a distinction between how someone does or represents a role (associated with identity) and a task someone is assigned to do (role), respectively.

In my opinion, “função” seems more reasonable to be adopted as a standard. In addition, because some translations such as “New role” to “Novo papel” or “A cor usada ao exibir o papel” don’t really feel like they are actually representing a role.