Portuguese (pt) translation group

I’ve just approved your request, sorry about that.

European Portuguese Translation (pt_PT)

Thanks to a kind contribution from Carlos Ferreira and Gonçalo Cordeiro, we now have a basis for a quality translation to Portuguese from Portugal. Since I believe we will be discussing terms that are dialect-specific, I suggest that the conversation be moved to a new pt_PT-specific thread.

Good news guys, we just finished translating 100% of pt_BR, what is the next step now?

1 Like

Thanks a lot! That is great news. Right now we will incorporate those translations into the main Indico code base so that it will be publicly available.

Thanks a lot. You did a great job!

Thanks dear sir!

Does that mean that now we can reinstall indico and it will have PT-BR option in the languages? :slight_smile:

Answered by PM. Long story short, in a few weeks we’ll have Indico 2.2rc1, which will include pt_BR by default. In the meantime, it’s still possible to copy the files over and compile them manually (even if a couple strings will probably still end up in English).

Dear Team,

My co-worker worked out on indico’s translations then after had it done we followed steps below without success:

1 - Created a new folder pt_BR in /opt/indico/translations
2 - Inside that directory structured we created the folder LC_MESSAGES
3 - Edited indico.conf and add language pt_BR as default language
3 - Finally, we copied the translated files on it (messages-js.po, messages.po, messages-react.po, for_use_indico_chat-messages-js_pt_BR.po)

Unfortunatelly, nothing changed at all. Guys, could you please throw some lights on this ???

Is there any other procedure we should undertake in order to have Indico’s translated ???

I can forget to say that Fernanda Paula Ramos from Unicamp handled the whole translation job to Portuguese-BR. She is committed to make Indico useful for brazilians speakers.

Thank you Team

Rafael Francisco do Prado

Are you sure /opt/indico is the right place? There should be other languages in that folder if that is the right one. For example, there should be also folders called en_GB. fr_FR.

It’s not :wink:

The following files need to be in /opt/indico/.venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/indico/translations/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/:

• messages-js.po
  • messages.mo
  • messages-react.json (2.2 only)

If you only have the .po files, you can use these two commands to build the message.mo and mesasges-react.json:

• indico i18n compile-catalog
  • indico i18n compile-catalog-react (2.2 only)

To be honest, I never tested those on a production serve, generally we do that locally and then deploy them together with Indico itself. But feel free to try it out and see if it works for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunatelly, no changes so far. According to the last information, I moved all pt_BR files to `opt/indico/.venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/indico/translations/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/, restarted the services, so I wished that website Indico turned into portuguese or made Portuguese language available in Indico menu.
Do you guys happen to know if there is some further procedure which I must perform to have it translated ?

@Rafael_Francisco_do I sent you an email with the translation files. Copy them to the aforementioned directory and see if that helps.

Did not receive any mail with attachments yet. Can you please send me again ?

Ah, sorry. I sent it to Fernanda. I am sending it now :wink:

Hi Team,

It is important to say that we got succeeded just after receiving @kolodzie pt_BR translation’s files.
Thank you Michal (@kolodzie) for your support.

Best regards

Rafael F. Prado

1 Like

Hey @fernandaramos84,

as far as I remember you were mostly responsible for translating Indico to Brazil Portuguese. We recently added a couple of new translatable strings. Would it be possible for you to translate them so that we can update Indico with the full translations?

Regards,
Michal

The last strings are now translated and reviewed.

1 Like

Hi! This is an amazing project and I would like to help translate new strings to Brazilian Portuguese and even review some existing strings. I requested to join in transifex.

1 Like

Hi André Garcia @Andre_Garcia - could you please add Sedir as translator to portuguese_Br?

Hi @fernandaramos84,

It seems like @Andre_Garcia hasn’t been active for some time, so I’ve accepted @sedir 's request.
Welcome!

Thank you, @plourenco! I’m looking forward to contribute.