🚀 Indico Workshop 3 - Registration Open!

Registration for the Indico Workshop 3 is now OPEN. Join us at CERN for two days of talks and discussions about Indico, its latest developments and its future.

• :handshake: Meet other members of the community in person;
  • :bulb: Share experiences and ideas with them;
  • :books: Learn new things;
  • :crystal_ball: Get to know more about Indico’s future;
  • :loudspeaker: Make your voice heard, share your vision with us;
  • :space_invader: Get to know the Indico Team in person;
  • :tada: Celebrate with us the latest achievements of the Project and the Community!

Some of the topics already on the list:

• New Room Booking System :spiral_calendar:
  • New URL shortening module :scissors:
  • Python 3 :snake:
  • New frontend technologies (React⚛️ + Webpack📦);
  • Standalone Search :mag_right:
  • Internationalization and Translation :earth_africa:

:white_check_mark: Register here
:earth_africa: Visit the event site to know more

2 Likes

Just notice in the event site you say for three days of learning :wink: :wink:

Oh, thanks for letting us know! Fixed.

Is there any way to get travel cost support to attend Indico Workshop? I had some experiences especially about translation and i18n (l10n) but travelling to Europe is too expensive for me.

Is there any way to get travel cost support to attend Indico Workshop? I had some experiences especially about translation and i18n (l10n) but travelling to Europe is too expensive for me.

The Indico Workshop is a very small event (~20-30 people) and one which doesn’t have a dedicated budget. The event itself has no registration fees, so CERN makes absolutely zero money from it. Unfortunately, we cannot pay any kind of allowance to any of the speakers.

That said, we would be glad to have you participate remotely. The event will be broadcast through videoconferencing technology and remote participants may definitely join in.

It would also be nice to organize an event elsewhere in the world, at some point.

1 Like

Hi all,
Any news about the Sprint Day? I need to know it in order to book the fligth and the hotel
Alberto

There are 6 people (excluding the Indico Team) interested, which is great. At the same time, there are a lot of ideas regarding the topic. So, we’re still not sure how we’re going to organize it, but I’d say let’s do it!

UPDATE:

These are the ideas we got:

• Integration with Zoom and Alfresco;
  • VAT logic + invoices;
  • Translation testbed + environment;
  • Extending user attributes + per-role menus;
  • Improvements in registration import/export;
  • Finishing up badge field placeholder PR;
  • Human Rights (not sure what this one means exactly).

I think they’re all very good ideas, but we cannot realistically think we can do anything useful in all of them in only a day. Actually, doing something useful in one of them will already prove challenging :wink:

1 Like

I’m interested in the VAT too!

Great! @papoulop will be organizing the sprint day, so she will at some point create a forum section where we will all be able to discuss what to do.