German (de) translation group / Deutschsprachige Übersetzergruppe

Thanks, @ThiefMaster!

Registration is glossarised for de_DE (Anmeldung).

I corrected “Raumreservierung” in Transifex. Should I also correct incoherent spelling of “Room Booking” and “Room booking” (capital B) on github?

We had the discussion Sie/Du on the mailing list, and the consensus was to prefer an indirect form (Drücken Sie / drücke hier → Hier drücken ; Sie können das nicht löschen → Kann nicht gelöscht werden.) and, if not avoidable, to use the polite form, which happens to be grammatically similar style (“Bitte bestätigen” / “Bitte bestätigen Sie”).

Some translations certainly need polishing. I just stumbled over “Reservierung hat keine gültigen Vorkommen”. I am not even sure what it means in the original context.
And, caveat to all users/testers, some translations can unfortunately be plain wrong. I just corrected “Der Raum wurde vom Event entfernt.” / “The room has been attached to the event.” (Multiple problems here.)

Hm, I always assumed this is titlecased and thus intended.

Caps or nocaps, I have no preference. But do you agree that it should be homogeneous here?

Yeah I think that makes sense… I’d go for the lowercase b there.

PR 4871

Hi everyone,

We recently made some refactoring changes to the English words (as suggested by @dirk in Homogenise msgid strings to AE · Issue #4639 · indico/indico · GitHub) which resulted in a small number of entries to translate. Since we’re very close to release Indico version 3.0, we’ve decided to ask most of the translation teams if they could update those entries.

I could see the German language still had some leftover strings from previous updates. Moreover that there recently has been interest shared by some members (Dirk and Andrii) in pushing an updated version for 3.0.

For that reason, I decided to create this post in order to invite all members interested in participating and contributing to close the existing strings and deliver an updated version for the release.

Thank you for your valuable contributions!
Pedro.

Where could I get the latest de_DE translation for Indico 3.0? I subscribed to transifex and to project-indico-i18n-de.

Hello @Peter,
You should be able to download the translations from https://www.transifex.com/indico/indico/language/de_DE/ or through the CLI.
At some time, @ThiefMaster also prepared automatically extracted sets of up to date translation files, but I don’t know/remember, if this is automatic yet.

I don’t remember setting up such a thing. I think we were maybe just talking about it and/or I built an Indico package for someone containing the latest version?

Hi @dirk, if I am not logged in at transifex I get a 404 page not found, if I am logged in, I get redirected to Indico localization, where German is listed, but I cannot download it. Thank you for your help!

Hello @Peter, please try again now. I approved your Transifex group-member (de-DE) request only recently, because that system still does not send me any email notifications (tested with several accounts/domains). And I do not have insight into all restriction and permission levels depending on the membership level. (Can editors extract PO files, or only admins?)

Let’s continue discussion in the email list (where I also approved your join request). We will find a solution.

Dear @dirk, I can access it now, thanks!

1 Like

I noticed that we have VERY few untranslated strings left for the core. If someone translated those we could finally include the German version in a release… :slight_smile:

Einige fehlerhafte Formatstrings, die korrigiert werden müssten:

Found invalid format strings in de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po
The file has an invalid format ({format}) | Diese Datei hat ein ungültiges Format {{format}}
['{format}'] != ['{{format}']
Row {row}: can't parse date: "{date}" | Zeile {}: Kann Datum "{date}" nicht parsen
['{row}', '{date}'] != ['{date}']
{num} contributions have been skipped since they have no paper submitted yet or they are in a final state. | {nun} Beiträge wurden übersprungen, da dort kein Paper eingereicht wurde oder diese bereits in einem finalen Status sind.
['{num}'] != ['{nun}']
There was a problem sending your request ({0}). Please contact support. | Es gab ein Problem beim Versand von {{0}}. Bitte den Support kontaktieren.
['{0}'] != ['{{0}']
Your request ({0}) has been accepted. | Ihre Anfrage {{0}} wurde akzeptiert.
['{0}'] != ['{{0}']
Your request ({0}) has been sent. | Ihre Anfrage {{0}} wurde gesendet.
['{0}'] != ['{{0}']
There was a problem withdrawing your request ({0}). Please contact support. | Es gab ein Problem beim Zurückziehen der Anfrage {{0}}. Bitte Support kontaktieren.
['{0}'] != ['{{0}']
Field must contain at least {min} word. | Feld muss mindestens {1} Wort beinhalten
['{min}'] != ['{1}']

Found invalid format strings in de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/messages-js.po
Only {0} out of {1} events is currently selected. | Nur 1 von {1} Veranstaltungen ausgewählt
['{1}', '{0}'] != ['{1}']
Field must contain at least {0} word. | Feld muss mindestens 1 Wort enthalten.
['{0}'] != []
Field cannot contain more than {0} word. | Feld darf nur 1 Wort enthalten.
['{0}'] != []

Found invalid format strings in de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/messages-react.po
Invalid file name: {files} | Ungültiger Dateiname: {file}
['{files}'] != ['{file}']
{time} hours | {0} Stunden
['{time}'] != ['{0}']

Links ist jeweils das richtige.

Anmeldung vs Registrierung…

Dear @dirk I am new to Indico, but I would like to check out the German translations, as they are a requirement for us to start using Indico and contribute back to the project.

I started by applying to join the project on Transifex. Is this the right way to get in touch and access the translations?

Hi,

Assuming @dirk is fine with it, I can approve your request directly - always good to have new members in while they are maintaining an instance in parallel. You should be able to check the project now.

Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, thank you @plourenco, and sorry @rtema for not reacting faster.
There are 49 translators now in the de_DE group, more than in any other language. It would be nice to have some feedback, why the outcome is so scarce. Are instructions missing or too restrictive. (Some conventions are needed to get an efficient and homogenous result.)
Answers will be very welcome, here or more privately on Sign in to CERN (project-indico-i18n-de@cern.ch).

I took the opportunity to clean up the translators from the de (“German”, country unspecified) group, which had become obsolete for a while.

1 Like

I just saw “Inhalt Begutacher/innen” in the translation (for “Content reviewers”). Can we agree that this does not look good (and is a bit bulky as well) and stick with the “generic masculinum” (even if some people don’t like it either)?

2 Likes