Zoom videoconference plug-in

Hi,
Did anybody develop a plug-in for the Zoom videoconference system?
Or does CERN intend to develop this now they are testing Zoom?

Thanks,
Roger.

There isnā€™t a Zoom plugin that I know of yet. But if CERN does end up adopting Zoom, there will of course be one.

Hi,
Iā€™m working to the development of a plugin for Zoom: basically Iā€™m modifying the vidyo plugin to make it to work with Zoom. It is still bugged and not ready for production.

Here the github repo: https://github.com/giovanni-mariano/indico_zoom_plugin

Best regards,
Giovanni

1 Like

Hi Giovanni!

i tried and installed your plugin. installation went fine and iā€™m able to configure the plugin. following insctructions i created an app under zoom marketplace, copied and pasted api and secret under settings page of the plugin.

Now, when iā€™m inside the admin panel of an event, selecting Services->Videoconference leads me to ā€œsomething went wrong - There was a database error while processing your request.ā€

Vidyo plugin is installed but deactivated.

If i can be any help, iā€™ll send you what you need to understand the problem.

Thankyou

PS: Come state a Frascati? Qui a Genova non vediamo lā€™ora di tornare alle nostre vite!

Maurizio

I think the plugin currently adds a new table so try indico db --plugin vc_coom upgrade

Tried it (modified vc_coom with vc_zoom), received this:

executing command for plugin ā€˜vc_zoomā€™
INFO [alembic.runtime.migration] Context impl PostgresqlImpl.
INFO [alembic.runtime.migration] Will assume transactional DDL.
ERROR [root] Error: Multiple head revisions are present for given argument ā€˜headā€™; please specify a specific target revision, ā€˜@headā€™ to narrow to a specific head, or ā€˜headsā€™ for all heads

Just to know: mine is a fresh Debian Buster, with Indico production installed, only official plugins added (following guide ) and vc_zoom plugin

Using Apache

Maurizio

OK I see the problem, the revisions are quite messed up there: https://github.com/giovanni-mariano/indico_zoom_plugin/tree/master/indico_vc_zoom/migrations

@gmariano please try to remove all but one revision there or just remove them all (and delete the plugin_vc_zoom schema) and generate a new oneā€¦

i assume i have to remove the plugin now. whatā€™s the correct procedure? think i also have to remove what has been done to the DB, if something has been done despit of the errorā€¦

So that when the plugin will be fixed iā€™ll try again with a clean situtation!

Thanks

If the upgrade call failed, then nothing has been added to the DB (you can confirm by checking if a plugin_vc_zoom schema exists in your database).

Yes correct, nothin added:

indico=> SELECT table_name
FROM information_schema.tables
WHERE table_schema = ā€˜plugin_vc_zoomā€™
ORDER BY table_name;
table_name

(0 rows)

then iā€™ve removed the vc_zoom voice in indico.conf.

Then should i do more? Iā€™ve installed it using

pip install -e

under the unziped folder of the plugin.

pip uninstall -y indico-plugin-vc-zoom but it doesnā€™t really matter since plugins not enabled in indico.conf are not loaded.

Hi, how do i enable the plugin in indico.conf
?? PLUGINS = {ā€˜payment_manualā€™, ā€˜payment_paypalā€™, ā€˜vc-zoomā€™}
~

PLUGINS = {'payment_manual', 'payment_paypal', 'vc_zoom'}

Hi everyone,
Iā€™m taking a first look at the Zoom plugin and it looks like I need python 3.
Is there a possibility, even an older buggy version of the plugin, that runs on python 2?
Thank you,

Giorgio

Check the 2.3-maintenance branchā€¦ The released version of the plugin on PyPI is also for Indico 2.3 and thus Python 2.7ā€¦

1 Like

It worked, thank you! :smiley:

Another question for the Zoom plugin usage:
I created my own Zoom account using my Email address: giorgio.pieretti@un.org (same Email for Zoom and Indico account) and configured the plugin (API keys) in Administration, plugin, Zoom.
BUT a user pippo@disney.com (same Indico and Zoom account) with admin privileges, wants to create a Zoom room in a Conference, when fulfilling the ā€œCreate Zoom room formā€ and choosing pippo@disney.com as Meeting Host, an error is raised: ā€œThis user has no Zoom accountā€.
But pippo@disney.com EXIST on both Indico and Zoom.
Why?
It looks like I can only create a room setting giorgio.pieretti@un.org as Meeting Hostā€¦

How did you configure the plugin? In particular ā€œUser lookup modeā€ and the related settings just below that one.

There you go:
Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 09.46.37
Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 09.46.44