Unable to start uwsgi.service

Hello,

I was trying to install indico in my server with
Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (fossa-kingdra-adl X124) and Codename:focal
following the instruction from
https://docs.getindico.io/en/stable/installation/production/debian/nginx/

I keep having following error.
Job for indico-uwsgi.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status indico-uwsgi.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

Then, if I do systemctl status indico-uwsgi.service, I can see the following line:
ExecStart=/opt/indico/.venv/bin/uwsgi --ini /etc/uwsgi-indico.ini (code=exited, status=127)

I was not able to find the solution. I am wondering if anyone can tell me what I am missing here.

Thank you very much,

Regards,
Taejeong

Please paste the full status output. Also check if there’s anything relevant in the systemd journal.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Below(*) is the output full screen.
I was trying to find the solution in other thread. But I could not find the solution yet.

Thank you,
Taejeong

(*)
● indico-uwsgi.service - Indico uWSGI
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/indico-uwsgi.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2024-03-13 14:49:24 KST; 6min ago
Process: 5356 ExecStart=/opt/indico/.venv/bin/uwsgi --ini /etc/uwsgi-indico.ini (code=exited, status=127)
Main PID: 5356 (code=exited, status=127)

3월 13 14:49:24 charm-OptiPlex-5000 systemd[1]: indico-uwsgi.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
3월 13 14:49:24 charm-OptiPlex-5000 systemd[1]: Stopped Indico uWSGI.
3월 13 14:49:24 charm-OptiPlex-5000 systemd[1]: indico-uwsgi.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
3월 13 14:49:24 charm-OptiPlex-5000 systemd[1]: indico-uwsgi.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
3월 13 14:49:24 charm-OptiPlex-5000 systemd[1]: Failed to start Indico uWSGI.

Hmm not really useful. Can you check if you get an error when you simply try to run indico shell on the terminal (while logged in as the indico user and having activated the virtualenv)?

You meant indico shell probably.

1 Like