Ubuntu 20.4 install

Hello,
I need to run indico in Ubuntu 20.4. I installed python2 which is not installed by default, and follow the installation manual. When installing required packages I got errors that python-virtualenv and uwsgi-plugin-python cannot be installed, so I tried python2-virtualenv and uwsgi-plugin-python2 without result.
So I install python3-virtualenv and uwsgi-plugin-python3.
To create .venv I used virtualenv -p /usr/bin/python27, and installed indico without errors.
However, https://myhost.domain replies with “Internal server error” without any comments in logs.
Any ideas how to make it working? maybe compile uwsgi from sources?
Please help.
Vasyl

uwsgi-plugin-python3 won’t work for the obvious reason that it is for Python 3 and not Python 2 :wink:

It looks like Ubuntu 20.04 does not include a Python 2 plugin for uWSGI anymore. So you have two solutions here:

• Use an older ubuntu version for now (the previous LTS would work fine)
  • Install uwsgi directly in the virtualenv using pip install uwsgi. This will build uWSGI and a plugin for the same Python version you have in the virtualenv. Of course you then need to manually add a systemd unit etc. to start it automatically. But if you have decent linux administration knowledge this shouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks. I grabbed uwsgi-plugin-python_2.0.18-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb from 19.09 and installed it with
dpkg --ignore-depends=uwsgi-core -i uwsgi-plugin-python_2.0.18-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb
Then in /etc/uwsgi/apps-available/indico.ini changed plugin to plugin = python27
and indico started.
Maybe installing uwsgi into .venv is a better idea.
Thanks once again.
Vasyl