Room booking: how to to flag a room as accessible to disabled persons

I received a request today: people in charge of “Equality, Diversity and Inclusion” at the lab would like to flag the rooms that are accessible to disabled persons in Indico. I think it is a very valid request and was wondering if there was such a feature already available. If not, if there is a workaround to achieve this? (using equipements seem weird)… Ideally, it should be possible to use an (definable) image to flag it, rather than words…

Thanks for any suggestion.

1 Like

You can create an equipment type and feature for this (in the room booking admin area) and then add that equipment type to the room. It will then show the icon of the feature and you can also filter by it when searching for rooms.

Custom images are not supported for this (and will likely never be), but there’s quite a big icon library from which you can choose and I’m almost certain there’s a suitable icon in there.

Ok. I’ll try to play with this suggestion. But I tend to think that at some point is should be a property of the room exposed separately from the equipments, like the capacity or surface…

Sorry, buy why? “Room features” is a flexible system which can handle such things perfectly fine…

I agree it can be handled by room features. It is just that I hav the feeling that this attribute should be more a “first class citizen” and for me is more the same kind of attribute as the capacity that should be present in the “base information” of the room. As some point, you could say that the capacity could be just one room attribute defined by the site… But I agree that we can live with a room feature for the time being.