Registration APP

Hello All,
I installed the registration app on my Iphone and cant “add” a conference… I assume this may be tied the the community sync … which is also not working for me…

Any pointers on how to get the reg app to recognize my conference so I can use the QR function would be appreciated…

Thanks…

Dale

No, this is unrelated.

Do you get any error?

Note that you MUST have a proper SSL certificate on your Indico instance for the app to work.

Hello,
Thanks so much for the response! - Yes I have a valid SSL certificate install form “let’s Encrypt” … when scanning the Conference QR code … it scans but that it…,no conference is added to the app and no error message is displayed…

Thanks
Dale

hello All,
Any thoughts on getting the app to recognize my conference …
url is https://miniudfw.jsav.com and the certificate is valid…

Many Thanks…
Dale

Hello All–
I am wondering if the trouble I am having with the reg app is the localhost referance – If thats the case its grayed out … how / where do I edit that… ?
Thanks do much…
Dale

No, that setting is fine.

(PS: You probably should change your client id/secret now that you published it.)

I believe we should publish a new build of the iOS version, since I believe the current one is not compatible with the latest Indico release.

Ahh
Perhaps this is my problem… IOS compatibility with the latest version…?
Thanks…
Dale

Hello pferrier,
Wow that would be great! – I sure would like to use the registration app if at all possible for my event starting in August.
I don’t have a droid so I am stuck with the Iphone / Ipad…

??

Thanks…
Dale

I’ve been at the conference, with no access to a Mac. I’ll try to publish that this week!

Cool! Thanks so much!

So, we have a working iOS version. However, we haven’t been able to publish it on the App Store, since Apple has recently changed its T&C and CERN’s legal service is still looking into the changes (apparently they are more restrictive than before). So, our hands are pretty much tied right now. I hope they reach a conclusion soon.
In the meantime, I could send you an unofficial build, but I believe you’d need a jailbroken device (or at least a developer account) to run that.

Howdy pferreir,
I greatly appreciate the offer! – However my phone is not jailbroken. Hopefully the legal folks will work out some sort of thing with Apple…

Thanks!
Dale