Recipient is blank when sending email to reviewing team

Hi,

I’ve successfully deployed Indico and starting to create some events to test its functionalities. For instance, I enabled the peer reviewing module and set up the reviewing team, and then I tried to “contact” them using the corresponding option in order to send them an email. I first selected the reviewers and click on “Send emails”. After that, the email window appears to write the email, but the problem is that the “Recipients” field is blank (and it cannot be edited anyway). It should be automatically filled in with the emails of the selected reviewers, but it’s no working. I still have the option to send the email, but the message obtained says that “0 emails have been sent”, which makse sense since there were no recipients.

However, it works well when using the “send emails” option from “Participant Roles”. I can select multiple persons and the recipients field contains their emails, as expected. Nevertheless, there is no way to know if a person is a reviewer or not when using this alternative AFAIK, that’s why I wanted to use the “contact” option from peer reviewing, which seems to have a bug. Any ideas? Maybe I’m not understanding something…

Thanks!

Yes, I can confirm this behaviour. Seems like a bug to me.

The payload in the request to event/<id>/manage/api/persons/email/metadata is empty:

{"role_id":[],"persons":[],"no_account":false,"not_invited_only":false}

even so recipients where selected in the dialog.

In the js console I get(not fully sure that is the cause):

proxy.js:1 Uncaught Error: Attempting to use a disconnected port object
    at handleMessageFromPage (proxy.js:1:779)
postMessage (async)		

Best,
Björn

Possibly 8392a07c664ac3c89eaa2952ccc81e1f3db79d68 did forget to adopt the paper peer review module.

Thanks for your reply!. Would there be any workaround I could apply to the source code or something?

Indeed, clearly a bug.

Workaround:

diff --git a/indico/modules/events/papers/templates/management/paper_person_list.html b/indico/modules/events/papers/templates/management/paper_person_list.html
index 0cda9fb129..1764483a05 100644
--- a/indico/modules/events/papers/templates/management/paper_person_list.html
+++ b/indico/modules/events/papers/templates/management/paper_person_list.html
@@ -27,7 +27,7 @@
         {% set is_layout_reviewer = person_roles.layout_reviewer %}
         <tr class="i-table" data-person-roles="{{ person_roles | tojson | forceescape }}">
             <td class="i-table thin-column hide-if-locked">
-                <input type="checkbox" name="user_id" value="{{ user.id }}" class="select-row"
+                <input type="checkbox" name="person_identifier" value="{{ user.identifier }}" class="select-row"
                        {{ 'disabled' if not user.email }}>
             </td>
             <td class="i-table name-column">{{ user.full_name }}</td>
1 Like

Thank you so much. Tested and worked like a charm!

This will be fixed in 3.2.9 which I’ll release later today (or tomorrow the latest).

3.2.9 containing that bugfix is now released (also fixed it in another place)

1 Like