New INFO messages when doing "indico db upgrade"

Hi,
I am working on the Indico 2 to Indico 3 migration. I have been testing the database dump and restore a few times and I’m seeing new INFO messages now that I do not remember seeing earlier.

Method 1
As postgres user, do “pg_dumpall” on Indico 2

Then restore database as indico user on Indico 3
psql indico < indico_backup.sql

When I run “indico db upgrade”, I get:
(indico) [indico@newhost ~]$ indico db upgrade
INFO [alembic.runtime.migration] Context impl PostgresqlImpl.
INFO [alembic.runtime.migration] Will assume transactional DDL.
(indico) [indico@newhost ~]$

Method 2
As indico user, do “pg_dump indico” on Indico 2

Then restore database as indico user on Indico 3
psql indico < indico_backup.sql

When I run “indico db upgrade”, I get:
(indico) [indico@newhost ~]$ indico db upgrade
(indico) [indico@newhost ~]$

When I tested “indico db upgrade” before, I do not recall seeing:

Are these “INFO” messages okay to ignore? Did I do something to trigger them since they did not appear before? The old database is 9.6 and the new database is 13. Also, is method 2 better than method 1? Thank you.

Safe to ignore, those are just useless info messages from the DB migration script.

Since it’s just a single DB I’d use pg_dump. I typically use -Fc there to use a custom Postgres format, and then pg_restore instead of psql to restore them.

I’ll do this then.

su - indico
pg_dump -Fc indico > indico_backup.dump

su - indico
pg_restore -d indico indico_backup.dump

For pg_restore, do you recommend adding -O? I saw someone else using -O in this forum.
pg_restore -d indico -O indico_backup.dump

Thank you for all your help!

Yes, -O is useful when running pg_restore as the indico user (note that you must create the databases and extensions first using the superuser) to avoid spam about ownership changes not being possible.

In case you run pg_restore as the postgres superuser, -O is not needed - it will then use the same ownership information used when dumping. This should be the indico database user in both cases and thus be fine.

PS: Use this for dumping, no need to use output redirection: pg_dump -Fc -f indico.dump indico