New Check-In PWA

Hello, I need help setting up the new check-in PWA. I currently have Indico installed and running on my local server. Do I need to clone and host the check-in app on my local server or can I get the job done with the already existing prod app? https://checkin.getindico.io/
In short I want to understand how the pwa links to my locally hosted indico instance…?

The prod app works fine, any connections to your or any other Indico instance are made locally (the deployment of the app is completely static, there is no server-side code whatsoever).

Hello, Thank you for replying promptly. So given that the prod app is already deployed and, as you mentioned, is static, meaning it doesn’t need any changes, the only changes I need to make are to my locally hosted Indico system, right? If that’s the case, what are the specific changes I need to make? FYI, I have already added the prod app URL to the ‘Allowed authorization callback URLs’ field in my Indico system.

That’s all that’s necessary, it should work without any changes to your Indico instance.

It’s worked, thank you. I just realized I didn’t add the even to the prod app. To do so I had to navigate to the /manage/registration page on indico and scan the event QR code using the app.

So, given that we will have different sessions/activities at our upcoming 3 day event. We plan on using the QR code to verify each user as they participate in each activity. Is the app able to keep track of each scanned user at each session. We want to keep track of the number of people who attend each activity. I’m guessing this will be linked to our Indico timetable right?

There is no per-session checkin - just one for the whole registration.

I see, that’s understood. Thank you for the assist. :handshake: