New Check-In App

Dear Indico-Team,

Thank you very much for the 3.3.1 Indico update. Now we like to work with the new check-in app/webpage, unfortuantely, it doesn’t like to scan the qr-codes of our events.
Please give me some advice on what we can do.
Thank you in advance,
Barbara

are you getting any errors? which QR code isn’t working for you? the setup code or the ticket code of a participant?

There are no errores, it just don’t work. I open the link for the new check-in page and the iPad camera, but it won’t do something. It’s with both, the setup code and the ticket code.

Hi Barbara,

Do you have this issue only with the iPad or also other devices?

Hi Tomas,

Just with the iPad. I tried it with my private cellphone (Android) for fun and it worked well. But it’s important that is workes with the institute’s iPads.

Ok, I have an older iPad here to test with, I’ll see if I can figure out the cause

Do you also happen to know what model of iPad you have?

It’s an iPad 9. I hope it’s not too old.

I looks like the issue shows up only at one of our iPads. The other two are working now. I started an update if the one that doesn’t work and wait…
But on the other two iPads, when I click on any participant, I got the following information:
Something went wrong when updating participant Response status: 500
How can we solve this?

If you get a 500 error, please check indico.log on the server for the exception and traceback.

Thank you Tomas for your quick reply. We will check this with our IT manager next week.