Make Material only available for registered participants

We would like to check who is able to log in remotely and therefore just give these users the rights to see the connection details if they are registered.

I am afraid this request is misplaced here (as a new Topic of the Category “Site Feedback”, which is meant to receive feedback about the talk/chat site itself). Maybe @pferreir can comment.
As for the “right place” to put this,I understood in the Indico Workshop last week, that we should now create github Issues for feature requests.
And finally, I understand that this request is similar to something expressed earlier by users/administrators. Summary/recall:

• Documents in events can be protected. Only existing groups or users can be used to give for example read access to the Conference Bulletin or Visitor information.
  • Very often they need to be protected to exactly those users, who are already identified as Participants of the same event.
  • Therefore a dynamic/automatic group event-123-participants would be very useful to autorise all Participants of a given event at once and without further need for manual updates.
  • Another case (though needing additional work on the autorisation of Participants-list access) would be: “I want the Registrants list to be seen by all Registrants, but not outside world.”
  • In extension a more general group like category-456-participants would still be useful and should contain the Participants of any Event (event-xyz-participants), if xyz is an Event of Category 456.

If that is what you had in mind, @HDSS, I will vote for the issue once created in github. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1: for a GitHub issue!

Actually, it is already, and much older than I thought.

@HDSS, please upvote the issue, or explain, if we missed the aspect you wanted.

I’ve just fixed that

1 Like

For example within the meeting are connection details for remote connection and right now, everybody who is invited to the meeting can see that.
I would like, that only people who registered can see that details.

For example within the meeting are connection details for remote connection and right now, everybody who is invited to the meeting can see that.
I would like, that only people who registered can see that details.

So that fits what was asked in the ticket, and we should promote / continue the discussion there, right?

Yes.

This here can be closed then.