Indico Header and Footer customisation within a plugin

Hi,
my goal is to customise the header and footer of Indico (extending or replacing blocks).
I already read Natalia’s nice HOW TO “Any colour you like”, but I would like to do it in a plugin, not with a separate DIR specified in indico.conf .
Adding my custom plugin should allow me to customise everything…
Is it possible? Do you have any example?
Thank you,

Giorgio

def init(self):
        super(YourPlugin, self).init()
        self.connect(signals.plugin.get_template_customization_paths, self._override_templates)

def _override_templates(self, sender, **kwargs):
        return os.path.join(self.root_path, 'template_overrides')

Then that directory inside your plugin’s package can be used like the the template customization dir.

Thank you!
I did it, but if in that dir (“templates_overrides”) I create a “header.html” with some “block logo” customisations, it is not loaded and still it goes to the default header.html template…
Any ideas?

You need to use the same structure as you would use for other overrides, so template_overrides/core/header.html if you want to override indico/web/templates/header.html

Thank you!
I was gettin crazy… It works like a charm now!

Still related to the topic: I’m now trying to inject a UNOG.CSS file.
I tried adding inject_bundle in the class __init__, but I got a “manifest.json not found” error.
Than I found the topic: Theme plugin: How to integrate logos and I understood there are differences from 2.1 to 2.2/master in terms of plugin writing: after switching to 2.1 I got a “AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘get_template_customization_paths’” error.
So the question is: what is the “stable” version I should use? 2.1.8 or 2.2master (or something else)?

Use master for any new development.

If you use a bundle in a plugin, you need to build the assets using the same script you also use to build the assets for indico itself - you just need to call it with different arguments:

$ python bin/maintenance/build-assets.py plugin --dev --watch ../plugins/yourplugin

OK, I understand how to create the manifest.json and the bundle now :wink:
It worked, thank you!
It is a bit curious that to inject a CSS I need to create a JS and import the css, but… it’s ok.
Last “stupid” question: in the css I would like use and IMAGE as background.
How can I point at it?
To make it work I did: background-image: url(…/…/images/unog_bg.jpg);
…but It’s not very elegant (I placed the image in static/images).
Is there a better way?
Thank you,

Giorgio