Index file location

Hello,

I would like to add a button to Indico site, which would redirect users to external payment system, but i cannot find a html file responsible for “Payments” tab in management area of a conference. Can u guide me, where can i find html files of my Indico distribution?

You should not edit any of the core files. Such changes would be lost during any update.

If you want to integrate a payment system, you need to write an Indico plugin. Please look at the existing PayPal plugin to see how to do this; you might want to copy that plugin and adapt it to the payment provider you are using.

Hi, as per your suggestion, if i write my own plugin via copying PayPal then how can i install it locally?
Please guide me on this.
Thank You.

Hey,

here is a brief overview of how it is done. So, basically it boils down to installing the package in the right place and enabling it in the indico.conf file.

Regards,
Michal

Hi Michal, Thanks for your quick reply. I have already seen the Link you said, but I just want know where should i put my edited code(downloaded from Github and edited) and how to run to install it?
Regards,
Shilkumar

but I just want know where should i put my edited code(downloaded from Github and edited)

It doesn’t really matter where you clone the repository to.

how to run to install it?

It depends. What I would recommend is either

• go to the directory of the plugin (where the setup.py file is located) and use pip install . - you need to make sure you use the correct pip executable so that the plugin is installed in the right Python environment
  • use build-wheel.py to build a wheel - the script is located in the Indico repository in bin/maintenance; this will create a wheel archive which you can install using pip e.g. pip install indico-wheel.whl

Hope that helps,
Regards