How to Build a Reporting Dashboard

is there any way to build a reporting dashboard for events
thanks

sure, one can build almost anything :wink: but without knowing any details on what exactly you want, we can’t really help you with the “how” part.

2 Likes

Thanks, my question is about the tool or platform for creating custom report.
Our reporting needs are based on the events data in indico and other systems databases. We would like to give online access to the university administrators to such reports that include the following examples:

• Total Number of Events (Workshops, Seminars etc.) by category in 2016.
  • Total Number of the Event Participation by category in 2017
  • Distribution of each faculty members by the number
    of events attended.

Thanks

That one you can view in the statistics of each individual category. But no overview for all categories of course.

2 Likes

Should I develop a plugin for those reports or build an app to have Dashboard for all kind of reports …
Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks

I wouldn’t say my code is worth sharing but perhaps the approach we took might help others.
We created an html page outside Confluence and used javascript and the Indico APIs (including a custom registrants one) to extract data from all the fields wanted in reports (event type, title, and dates; registrants info like country and affiliation; etc).
Because the kinds of reports being asked for were quite variable, I then added pivottable.js to enable people to slice and dice the data any way they wanted - they can easily drag fields as row or columns or exclude them, and they can filter them.

1 Like