Failed to start Indico Celery

Hello, I`ve recently installed Indico but it is gaving back the next error

# systemctl status indico-celery
● indico-celery.service - Indico Celery
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/indico-celery.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2021-03-01 12:34:46 CST; 17min ago
  Process: 619 ExecStart=/opt/indico/.venv/bin/indico celery worker -B (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
 Main PID: 619 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Mar 01 12:34:46 debian systemd[1]: indico-celery.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Mar 01 12:34:46 debian systemd[1]: indico-celery.service: Unit entered failed state.
Mar 01 12:34:46 debian systemd[1]: indico-celery.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Mar 01 12:34:46 debian systemd[1]: indico-celery.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Mar 01 12:34:46 debian systemd[1]: Stopped Indico Celery.
Mar 01 12:34:46 debian systemd[1]: indico-celery.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Mar 01 12:34:46 debian systemd[1]: Failed to start Indico Celery.
Mar 01 12:34:46 debian systemd[1]: indico-celery.service: Unit entered failed state.
Mar 01 12:34:46 debian systemd[1]: indico-celery.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

I could use some help, thanks

Try running indico celery worker -B manually in a shell to see if you get any more useful error output.

Hi men I run indico celery worker -B here is the response

$ indico celery worker -B
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/indico", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('indico==2.3.3', 'console_scripts', 'indico')()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click-7.1.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 829, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask-1.1.2-py2.7.egg/flask/cli.py", line 586, in main
    return super(FlaskGroup, self).main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click-7.1.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 782, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click-7.1.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 1259, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click-7.1.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click-7.1.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 610, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click-7.1.2-py2.7.egg/click/decorators.py", line 21, in new_func
    return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask-1.1.2-py2.7.egg/flask/cli.py", line 425, in decorator
    with __ctx.ensure_object(ScriptInfo).load_app().app_context():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask-1.1.2-py2.7.egg/flask/cli.py", line 381, in load_app
    app = call_factory(self, self.create_app)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask-1.1.2-py2.7.egg/flask/cli.py", line 117, in call_factory
    return app_factory(script_info)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/indico-2.3.3-py2.7.egg/indico/cli/util.py", line 28, in _create_app
    return make_app(set_path=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/indico-2.3.3-py2.7.egg/indico/web/flask/app.py", line 356, in make_app
    app.config['INDICO'] = load_config(only_defaults=testing, override=config_override)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/indico-2.3.3-py2.7.egg/indico/core/config.py", line 193, in load_config
    path = get_config_path()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/indico-2.3.3-py2.7.egg/indico/core/config.py", line 139, in get_config_path
    'move/symlink the config in one of the following locations: {}'.format(', '.join(paths)))
**Exception: No indico config found. Point the INDICO_CONFIG env var to your config file or move/symlink the config in one of the following locations: /home/slash/.indico.conf, /etc/indico.conf**

I already did what is recomended in the Exception note by running

sudo ln -s /opt/indico/etc/indico.conf /etc/indico.conf

and

sudo ln -s /opt/indico/etc/indico.conf /home/slash/.indico.conf

then i try tu restart the indico-celery service with the command
systemctl restart indico-celery.service and it return the next fail

Failed to restart indico-celery.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files

See system logs and ‘systemctl status indico-celery.service’ for details. if I run this it give me back the first error that I post. Thanks

I’m not sure what you did there, but based on the fact that Indico is installed in /usr/local/... and you have a python egg (which is extremely outdated nowadays) I have the feeling you did not follow our setup guide and also did not use pip to install indico…

The systemctl error sounds a bit like you are trying to run systemctl as a regular user and not as root…

no indico is installed in /opt/indico/… and no men i couldn’t install it using pip because Im behind a proxy and it can not find the pypi.python.org site so i download every dependency and install all of then by hand and then i installed indico. So there is no solution for my situation? thanks any way, the help was very usefull.

hoooo men that last thing works thank :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :muscle: :muscle:

pip supports proxies: User Guide - pip documentation v21.0.1
And if it ended up in /usr/local/... I have the feeling you installed indico as root instead of using the virtualenv…

I would strongly recommend you to:

• reinstall this server, since you probably have leftovers from those globally-installed packages all over
  • then follow the setup guide and configure pip to use your proxy.

yes i installed it as root was the only way using the python setup.py install, i’ll read the guide for the pip proxy thanks again.
ok me i’ll do that

do you recomend me tha install indico over python 3 or 2.7??

Indico 2.x only supports Python 2.7; the upcoming v3.0 will require Python 3.9.

ok bro 2.7 will be :+1: :+1: