Custom list of participants

I have created the INDICO webpage of a conference during which each participant will be given an office.
I would like to add a column to the participants’ list with the heading “Office” to display the office number assigned to each participant.

Does anybody know how to do this? I would have thought it should be possible, but I can’t see how.

By default the participants display menu only allows to make visible (or invisible) a few predetermined fields: “First name”, “Last name”, “Affiliation”, “Country” and so on.
I have tried by adding a posteriori (meaning: after the participants have registered) a new custom field in the registration form (which I can fill-in by hand for each participant), but unfortunately new custom fields do not appear in the participants display menu.
I have also tried changing the name of one of the predefined fields in the registration form, which the system allows to do. For instance, I have tried by changing the heading “Address” to “Office”. This does not work either because the heading change is not properly transmitted to the participants display menu (which keeps showing “Address”, instead of “Office” as a possibility).

The problem is not just that I cannot add a new column to the participants’ list a posteriori. It seems to be a broader one, because the system would not let me display either any new custom fields that I required to fill-in to the applicants. To be more concrete, the registration form I designed required the registrants to indicate the intended dates of their participation. I cannot figure how to show this in the list of participants, which should be an obvious thing to do.

Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE: I think there are a couple of bugs/issues. First, the problems described above seem to occur only if the conference has more than one registration form. If there are more than one, the option of merging them does not allow to show the new custom fields in the participants’ list (even if the two forms have the same fields). If one chooses to show the participants from each registration form separately, then it is possible to display the custom fields (good!), but then the INDICO shows not only the approved registrations but also the reject ones (which is not so good…). All in all, there seems to be a configuration problem when more than two registration forms are used.

Blockquote
UPDATE: I think there are a couple of bugs/issues. First, the problems described above seem to occur only if the conference has more than one registration form. If there are more than one, the option of merging them does not allow to show the new custom fields in the participants’ list (even if the two forms have the same fields).

→ this cleary stated in the configuration ( The field names are not the key for form fields, instead each custom field has a new key in each reg form)

Blockquote
If one chooses to show the participants from each registration form separately, then it is possible to display the custom fields (good!), but then the INDICO shows not only the approved registrations but also the reject ones (which is not so good…).

I can not confirm this behaviour here (indico-2.2 current).
This was fixed last July in Hide pending registrants for participant lists
But generally I would solve this by creating appropriate placeholder (or real) sessions and assigning users to those.

Thank you for your help.

Concerning the second of your comments, I must be using an older version, unknowingly. Unfortunately, I have no access to the installation and I don’t know if I can check the version from my account.

Regarding your first comment, I am not sure to understand it.
If I choose to merge the two registration forms, the custom fields disappear from the panels where I would expect they can be activated to be shown in the merged participants’ list.

Well, the problem here is how form fields are held in the database. The ‘standard common’ fields are always store under their names. The custom fields a get an entry in a table for formfields, each custom field internally has a different name (field_). The ‘name’ is just a heading with no guarantues on uniqueness etc.,. Indicos has no way to know if two fields in different registration forms refer to the same logical entitiy and should be merged.

(see also issue #3146 and PR #3164 where I plan to get some more input during the hackday end of march.)

Thank you @bpedersen2.

I understand the problem. I guess an issue might be that using the custom names defined by the user might interfere with other variables.

A potential workaround I can think of for the concrete case at hand might be importing the common data from one list to the other and then adding by hand (once registrant at a time) the fields that are different. However, I don’t know if there is an actual way of doing this. I see it is possible to export a registration list in CSV or excel formats, but then I think I cannot import it back to INDICO.

Imports with custom fields is currently also difficult (due to the same reasons).

Again, my recommendation would be to not use the participant list for such things at all. Create a type ‘Poster’ session, add a contribution for each participant and use the boardnumber field for the room number.

What you propose would look different from what I would like to get.

As I said, I simply want a table with two columns. The name of the participants in one column and a number for each participant in the other column. And I want to be able to give custom names to the headings on top of the two columns. It is just the most basic design for a table.

Perhaps what I should do to get something close to it is to create the table outside INDICO and import it as a PDF file.

Either a pdf or add a custom html page ( Customization-> Menu-> Add page) with the table.