Changing the default weekend days

Hi,
I wonder if there is a way from the configuration to change the default weekend days to Friday and Saturday instead of Sunday and Saturday.

Regards,
~Mohammad

No, there’s no option since it takes the default for the selected locale (so e.g. en_US will start with Sunday, while en_GB starts with Monday)

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt reply, Can we set the default locate to “ar-EG” so the week will start from Sunday?

No, currently it is not possible to use locales which aren’t enabled in the core. You’d have to create a (fake) locale (its translations could be empty) and enable it in one of the JS files, and then build your own package with those changes.

1 Like

Hopefully, this is my last question: is it okay if I Hard coding the weekend from the indico backend?

Oh, I misunderstood your original question. I thought you’re talking about which day a week starts on.

I think your change would be fine if all your users expect these days to be considered weekend in this particular view.

However, the change you propose there is not correct. isoWeekday is monday=1, sunday=7. So either use 5, 6 with isoWeekday or 4, 5 with weekday.

1 Like

Thank you for answering my question :heart_eyes: