Change paper submitter

We have received some 15 abstracts for the conference after the call for Abstract has ended.
We have entered them manually through Call for abstracts module in Administration area of the conference.

It all works fine, but the submitter is our conference secretary and not the actual user writing the paper.

Is there a way to change the submitter of an abstract so that in later stage (paper submission, contrubution submission) we have the right person related to a contribution?

Not unless you are an admin with shell access to the server. But even if you accept the abstract with the wrong submitter, as long as you the authors/speakers are correct, those people will get submission rights on the contribution and paper.

Tip for the future: You can add specific users as authorized late submitters; that way they can submit their abstract even after the deadline.

1 Like

Thanks for valuable info!

But even if you accept the abstract with the wrong submitter, as long as you the authors/speakers are correct, those people will get submission rights on the contribution and paper.

This opened up many possibilities. I.E. I can now add myself to a faulty contribution and add the paper that author has sent by email instead of uploading it directly to the system.
:ok_hand: