Availability of certain options only from a specific IP address

I have two questions about the availability of certain options in Indico only from a specific IP address.

1. Is it possible for the “administration tab” to be available only from a specific IP address (eg. internal network or vpn).

2. Is it possible for management category or management event (conference, lecuture, meeting) to be possible only from a specific IP address (eg. internal network or vpn).

Can anyone try to implement such settings ?

1. You could configure your web server to disallow access to /admin/ for external IPs

2. If you mean just the management areas, see (1). But you can also define “IP Networks” in the admin area that can be added with read access (they can never grant anything beyond that) to an ACL (regardless of user access or being logged in).

that’s a good idea

This is just the area of management.
I understand, if I want to restrict access to the management of all categories, and management all events, to only specific IP addresses, then I have to configure web server to disallow access to:

• /category/nn/manage/
  • /event/nn/manage/

Are these all url addresses ?

Yes, this should cover pretty much everything.

IMHO this is a bit overkill though - especially considering that you usually have a bigger problem than someone messing with categories/events if their account gets compromised (especially if you use SSO and login with your organization’s account).

Yes, this is true.
Thanks for your help.