Add google Map in page

Hi how can I add a google map in page through iframe for example
thanks

That’s not possible. Being able to embed arbitrary IFrames would be somewhat of a security risk.

so how to eembed a google map
thanks

Sorry, same answer - it’s not possible. If you don’t need it to be interactive, you could take a screenshot of it and upload it as an image… (not sure if that’s allowed usage of the Google maps data though)

If it’s for directions how to get to a certain place, maybe the best option would be just linking to the google maps page of that location instead of embedding the map.

Hi, I would like to revive this topic.

I’m using Indico v3.2.4-pre: it is possible to embed GoogleMaps in this version yet? I saw what looked like an embedded GoogleMaps frame on screenshot for a CERN Indico room bookings page, but haven’t found any instructions on how to do this.

I have the iframe snippet ready but it won’t show if I copy/paste it into a new menu page.

Thanks,
Larisa

No, nothing changed there yet. In the room booking module we embed OpenStreetMap, but this is not related to custom event pages.

Thanks for the quick reply, ThiefMaster. That’s pretty unfortunate; I think embedding GoogleMaps would be a great feature to add to Indico.

We would really like to add this map, so we’ll likely just post a view-only link (unless you have alternative suggestions?)

Thanks,
Larisa