Privileges in Call for abstracts

Dear colleagues,

We are organising a conference using indico.
https://indico.lip.pt/event/592
It is not clear for us how to add privileges to the conveners to manage their, and only their, track in “Call for abstracts” without giving plain access [Manage].
I know that for the session we have a way to protect in the Timetable, so I wonder if we have something similar in “Call for abstracts”.

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes,
Helena

What do you mean by that?

to the conveners to manage their

What exactly would you like them to be able to do?

Hi Michal,

Our conference has 13 tracks. In management of “Call for abstracts” I added the conveners of each track in their respective track. However, ii seems that they cannot access to “Call for abstracts” management without full privileges over the entire event. I mean, I have to give “Manage” privileges.

Thanks.
Helena

Hey Helena,

unfortunately, that will not be possible. Those convener-related privileges don’t allow to manage any part of an event.

Sorry Michal. Maybe I did not explain well. It is exactly the opposite.
We did tests and only if a person has Manage privileges it can access to abstracts management. I found that strange.
Are we doing something wrong?

What we did was:
One of us, as indico user (without any privileges), was given privilege as convener and reviewer in Call for abstracts.
After login she could not access to abstract management. The return was “access denied”.

Thanks!

Dear Helena,

that is correct. You have to have explicit management rights to a user if you want them to be able to edit the event.

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the message. But this means that a convener of a given track will have control over all other tracks and the other branches (e.g. Registration, Proceedings, etc). That’s it?

Best wishes,

Helena

Yes (if you give them management rights)

But it is the only possibility? I’m finding strange that a person that have privileges to manage the Call for abstracts have the possibility to change everything in the event.
Am I missing something here?

Granting full management rights to a user means that they manage the whole event, not only “Call for Abstracts”. However you can grant partial “management” rights e.g. only to “Papaer Manager” or to “Submission”.

Dear Michal,

A simple example: I gave to my colleague Ana Nunes “Paper Manager” and “Submission” privileges as you suggest. She only can see “Call for papers” and “Materials”. However, we are not using the former and the latter deals with other kind of materials (like e.g. pdf files). In fact in “Assign Permissions” there is nothing specifically designed fo “Call for abstracts”.
So, only if I give “Manager” privileges she can see the abstracts of her session. However, she can see and delete the abstracts of all other tracks as well.
This is weird.

Thanks!!
Helena

Dear Helena,

I used Papaer Manager and Submissions only as examples, not solutions to your problem. As I said there is no specific privilege for Call for Abstracts. The only way to do solve the problem at the moment is to grant full management right.

Dear Michal,

If there is no option then I will give Manager privileges to all conveners.
Please, keep my suggestion to treat “Call for abstracts” in the same way of “Call for papers”.
Thank you for the support.

Best wishes,
Helena

Dear Michal,
The issue was fixed by enabling the “Reviewing area” under “Call for abstracts” in “Customizations”->“Menu”.
In fact, it would be rather weird if one had to give “Manager” privileges to review abstracts.
Best wishes,
Helena