LaTeXRuntimeException

I tried to open pdf for submitted abstract and I get this error:

LaTeXRuntimeException: Impossible to compile ‘/opt/indico/tmp/indico-texgen-gfg8eX/single_doc.tpl.tex’. Read ‘/opt/indico/tmp/indico-texgen-gfg8eX/output.log’ for details

I checked the log but nothing is written in the log file

Did you install and configure texlive?

I though installation of texlive is part of installation guide of LaTex https://docs.getindico.io/en/stable/installation/latex/. I installed LaTex with version 2.1.7 then i had to upgrade to 2.1.8 to fix issue with celery task scheduler not running. Do i need reinstall LaTex?

No, if you followed that part of the guide then it should work. What happens if you try to run /opt/texlive/bin/x86_64-linux/xelatex manually from the shell?

I run it manually and it kept asking type name of your input file:

$ /opt/texlive/bin/x86_64-linux/xelatex
This is XeTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-0.99999 (TeX Live 2018) (preloaded format=xelatex)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
Please type the name of your input file.
Please type the name of your input file.

That’s fine, I just wanted to rule out any errors like missing libraries.

Check if there are any other log files in /opt/indico/tmp/indico-texgen-gfg8eX that might have some clues on why it failed.

the output log is empty

Try running it manually:

/opt/texlive/bin/x86_64-linux/xelatex -no-shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory /opt/indico/tmp/indico-texgen-gfg8eX /opt/indico/tmp/indico-texgen-gfg8eX/*.tex

Replace *.tex with the actual .tex filename in there.

/opt/texlive/bin/x86_64-linux/xelatex -no-shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory /opt/indico/tmp/indico-texgen-gfg8eX /opt/indico/tmp/indico-texgen-gfg8eX/single_doc.tpl.tex
This is XeTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-0.99999 (TeX Live 2018) (preloaded format=xelatex)
fatal: memory exhausted (xmalloc of 85227664 bytes).

OK, weird. Is this a particularly big abstract? I don’t see how it would use too much memory otherwise…

Anyway, now that you have an error try googling for it latex "fatal: memory exhausted" would be my suggestion to put in Google. FWIW, I never encountered that error myself (and I don’t remember anyone in the team ever having such a problem either) so I’d have to start googling for it as well.

If you do not find a solution, zipping the contents of the indico-texgen-gfg8eX folder and uploading it here (assuming it contains no sensitive information) could be helpful as it’d allow others to see if they have the same problem.

It is not real abstract rather indico user guide that we are using to test setting up the conference . I was able to uploaded but then exp. The file is indico user guide (about 6.6MB.)

in this screen i can upload and open it -

I’m not sure I understand your answer - how is this “indico user guide” pdf related to your problem? What data did you put in the “content” of the abstract?

I was using that file to test upload and see if conference participator can open it from indico link. I also want to ensure that Latex is installed properly.
If you think it LATEx installation is good, then the issue is user error (new indico) . In mean time i will recreate the whole scenario and let you know how it goes.

I forget to answer your last question. I enter sample text in content text box in Submit new abstract then when i tried to export to pdf i got some errors:
see screen shot below:

Possibly: https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/438902/how-to-increase-memory-size-for-xelatex-in-miktex ?